HomeMagazinePoliticsOnline Recruitment: Gov Soludo Orders Repeat Of Exam

Online Recruitment: Gov Soludo Orders Repeat Of Exam

Listen to article

As part of his policies to further streamline and scrutinize out quality in his cabinet, the Anambra State Governor, Prof. Charles Soludo, has ordered the repeat of an online teacher recruitment examination, which was ruined by network failure at the exam centres.

About 31,000 candidates had applied to sit for the online recruitment examination last week, but had complained that the system broke down even before they could log in for the examination as a result of network failure.

Read Also: Soludo Reacts To The Death Of Biafra Army Chief, Madiebo

A large outcry had visited the failure, with many believing it was arranged to shut them out of the exams for preferred candidates to be picked.

But in a press release on Tuesday, Soludo announced that the last week’s examination has been cancelled, and that a repeat exercise will hold to accommodate all.

In a press release signed on his behalf by his Chief Press Secretary, Christian Aburime, Soludo said: “In line with his objective of ensuring transparency and fairness to all, Anambra State Governor, Prof Charles Chukwuma Soludo, CFR, has directed a repeat of the online recruitment exam for Teachers in Anambra State.

“Governor Soludo has, therefore, graciously directed the Hon Commissioner for Education, Prof. Ngozi Chuma-Udeh to conduct a repeat of the exercise to make up for the shortfall in the Saturday 4th of June preliminary Teacher’s Recruitment Examination.

“He has further directed that all expenses for the test be covered by the Government.”

Aburime said against the proposed 5,000 qualified applicants to be shortlisted for CBT exam, the Governor had directed that all the over 31000 listed applicants should be given equal chance to participate in a preliminary online exam, before shortlisting the successful applicants for 2nd CBT exam.

He said the mix-ups arose from the online examinations website crashing. He stated that it was not intended as many had insinuated.

“It is in a bid to make up and ensure that all eligible candidates are carried along, that the governor has approved a repeat of the exercise.

“He assures Ndi-Anambra that there their interest will be protected at all time by his administration,” he said.

 

The Eastern Updates

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments