Home Features Prince Arthur Eze Fires Back At Chris Ngige

Prince Arthur Eze Fires Back At Chris Ngige

Listen to article

Business mogul and chairman, Oranto Petroleum, Prince Arthur Eze, has replied Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, who called for his banishment and that of 12 Anambra traditional rulers.

Ngige had called on Anambra State governor, Chief Willie Obiano, to banish the 12 monarchs and Prince Eze for embarking on a trip to Abuja to see President Muhammadu Buhari. Governor Obiano had suspended the 12 traditional rulers for over the trip.

In a statement by his media directorate signed by Okpala Okechukwu, Prince Arthur Eze said he would treat Ngige’s call as “ranting of an ant who, by all social and political equation, is an inconsequential product of history.”

Prince Eze expressed sadness that Ngige could ask Governor Obiano to “banish traditional rulers whose only offence is  that they took a trip to Abuja to commend his boss, the president, for the magnificent jobs he is doing for the people of their geo- political  zone.”

He said such a call was “most irresponsible, callous, derogatory and unbecoming of an accidental minister.”

The businessman said the minister should have known that his call was useless as “no section of the constitution empowers a state governor to banish or trample on the fundamental human right of any Nigerian.”

According to him,  no governor should heed such call because it is “against the letters and spirit of the Nigerian constitution.”

Prince Eze said Ngige had been involved in serious traditional leadership crisis in his Alor community over the Igweship, insisting that this should not “becloud his sense of judgement to make calls that has no legal or constitutional backing.”

He said for Ngige to call for action against him shows how ungrateful he is, saying:  “if not for Arthur Eze’s benevolence Dr. Ngige would not have been able to pack out of his former two bedroom slump appointment in Festac village some years ago to a decent apartment in Lagos.  Mention must also be made of how Arthur Eze helped to change his Volkswagen car.”

The statement warned Ngige to desist from making further unpleasant comments about Prince Eze, saying: “Let us warn that if Chris Ngige makes any further unpleasant statement against our principal we shall be left with no option than to publish some facts and materials at our disposal which will shock Nigerians on the person and individual known as the labour minister.”

 

THE SUN, NIGERIA

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Imo: Gov Uzodimma Relaxes Curfew From 6pm-6am

Imo State Governor Hope Uzodimma Saturday relaxed the 24 hours curfew imposed on the state following the wanton destruction unleashed in some parts of...

Soyinka To Igbs: Ignore Call To Leave Yorubaland

Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, has asked Igbo to ignore the call to leave Yorubaland. In a statement last night, Soyinka said: 'As for our...

Hoodlums Break Into Warehouse In Abia, Loot Bags Of Fertilizers

EndSARS protesters, at the weekend in Umuahia, Abia state, broke into a warehouse they suspected the state government had hoarded COVID-19 palliatives. Vanguard gathered that...

Why I Released ₦2 billion To Imo Youths – Uzodimma

The Imo state governor, Hope Uzodimma, has said he had approved the release of ₦2 billion out of ₦6 billion to Imo state youths...

Recent Comments