HomeFeaturesWe Didn't Sack Any Qualified Teacher In Anambra – Soludo

We Didn’t Sack Any Qualified Teacher In Anambra – Soludo

Listen to article
Anambra State Governor, Prof. Charles Soludo has denied sacking any qualified teacher in the Anambra State school system.
Soludo in a statement signed by his Press Secretary, Christian Aburime which was made available to The Eastern Updates on Friday morning, said he is only repositioning the state education sector for productivity.
 According to him, no teacher was relieved of his/her appointment in the state.
Some  Teachers engaged by the Parents Teachers Association (PTA) and converted to permanent staff by the previous   Anambra state government had last week protested, claiming they were sacked  by Soludo’s  administration.
The protesting teachers barricaded the entrance of the state House of Assembly in Awka, and displayed placards  with various inscriptions, claiming to have been engaged by the  previous state government before the termination of their jobs by the present government.
But Reacting, Soludo said, ‘The affected PTA teachers who were “converted” to the school system in the last days of the last administration in an irregular, hazy circumstances, were only asked to regularize their employment with the government by taking part in the online teachers’ recruitment test initiated by the state. Teachers all over the world are recruited through a serious and systematic pedagogical based process. The ‘conversion’ method is rather new to the teaching field and is totally unacceptable in the State.’

The Eastern Updates gathered that teachers, who were part of those that sat the recently cancelled Computer-Based Test for recruitment, were engaged by the Parents Teachers Association (PTA) of various schools during the Obiano administration to boost staff in the secondary schools.

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments