HomeFeaturesFire Guts Goods Worth Over N35m In Aba

Fire Guts Goods Worth Over N35m In Aba

Listen to article

It was all pain and agony as a late evening fire outbreak on Thursday gutted a three-story building at No 74 Jubilee Road, Aba, Abia, destroying goods worth more than N35 million.

The fire also gutted a makeshift warehouse at the back of the three-story building with Motorcycle spare parts and also burnt the contents of rooms on three floors at the back of the main building.

A correspondent who visited the scene gave reports of the incident and noted that the three-story building, other adjoining blocks with their wares were not spared by the inferno.

Read Also: Fire Explosion Averted As Diesel Tanker Spills Content In Anambra

Mr. Donatus Ezenwaka, a victim and Motorcycle Spare Parts dealer at the building told newsmen on Friday that he was called back at about 11 pm to his shop by a neighbour because the building was on fire.

‘I came and it was as told me and there was a crowd around here.

‘They said the fire began at the shop of a man who sells pure water in the building who has refrigerators in the building.

‘According to what I was told, one of the tenants in the building on sighting the fire ran down and called the security guard who began to call other traders who own shops here.

‘From the ground floor, the fire rose and entered my own warehouse on the first floor at the back.

‘We don’t know how the fire started but we suspected that the fire which started in the shop where pure water is sold came from refrigerators that might not have been shut off probably because there was a power outage when we closed.

‘And when the power returned, it possibly sparked a fire which caused the damage,’ he said.

THE EASTERN UPDATES

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments