Listen to article
Chief Dr. Cletus Mmadubugwu Ibeto; CON was born on the 6th of November 1952 in Otolo Nnewi, Nigeria’s industrial hub. He is a University of Nigeria, Nsukka trained accountant and holds a doctorate in business administration.
- He founded The Ibeto Group in 1970 which has as at 2022 recorded over 40 years of consistent strategic growth driven by the core values of truth, customer satisfaction, transparency, accountability and probity.
- The Ibeto Group under the leadership of Chief Dr. Cletus Mmadubugwu Ibeto; CON is one of Nigeria’s 20 most diversified conglomerates with footprints in diverse sectors of the African Economy represented by Union Auto Parts Manufacturing, Ibeto Petrochemicals Industries Limited, Ibeto Cement Limited, Ibeto Microfinance Bank Limited, Eastern BulkCem Company Limited, Energy Network IBG Limited, Kings Palace Hotels, Palmex Agencies, Odoh Holdings, Ibeto Industries Limited and Ibeto Hotels Limited.
- lbeto Cement Limited, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, began cement bagging operations at its terminal in Port Harcourt in 2005. It is an ultra-modern plant with a flat-storage capacity of 50,000 metric tons and a production capacity of 1,500,000 metric tons per annum translating to a production capacity of 4,000+ metric tons per day; capable of meeting the cement needs of Europe.
Read Also: Innoson Should Be Celebrated For Industrializing Igboland – Mbisiogu
- In May 2018, The Ibeto Group Limited via a reverse merger acquired a 70% controlling stake in Century Petroleum Corporation; a Texas, America based publicly-traded petroleum exploration and production company which heralded its entrance into the global market. Chief Dr. Cletus Mmadubugwu Ibeto; CON is currently the Chairman of the Board of Directors of Century Petroleum Corporation, America.
- Over the last 4 years, Chief Dr. Cletus Mmadubugwu Ibeto; CON has led Century Petroleum; a COR certified institution, to become the flagship energy and gas construction and allied services provider in North America with footprints in the downstream, midstream and upstream oil and gas sectors in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, North West Territories and North Western Ontario as well as the United States of America.
- Chief Dr. Cletus Mmadubugwu Ibeto; CON and Milost Global; a $25B capital base equity firm based in New York are signatories to an equity subscription agreement that led to the injection of USD$1B into The Ibeto Group via Century Petroleum, America. Milost Global notes that the feat is the first of its kind in Nigeria and West Africa.
- Chief Dr. Cletus Mmadubugwu Ibeto; CON was awarded a national honor in the category of Commander of the Order of the Niger – Nigeria’s 4th highest national honor in 2012 alongside Dr. Mike Adenuga, Dr. ABC Orjiakor, Late Igwe Peter Ezenwa, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, Justice Walter Nkanu Onnoghen, Justice Mary Ukaego Odili, Justice Mahmud Mohammed, Dr. Tony Elumelu, Dr. Cosmas Maduka, Barr. Wole Olanipekun; SAN and Late General Omobolaji Johnson. Earlier in 2008, He received the Officer of the Order of the Niger – OON national honor.
- Chief Dr. Cletus Mmadubugwu Ibeto; CON is one of Africa’s most decorated statesmen global citizens having received over 500 awards and medals from Nigerian and International organizations including a Gold Service and Three-Ruby Paul Harris Fellow Award from Rotary International, a Certificate of Merit from the Government of Anambra State of Nigeria and an Award of Excellence from the Pilgrims Africa Health Foundation as well as honorary doctorates from the University of Nigeria Nsukka and the Ebonyi State University.
- Over the last decade, Chief Dr. Cletus Mmadubugwu Ibeto; CON has committed over $200M to charity and other philanthropy gestures which target development and construction of infrastructure like roads, schools, hospitals and medical research centers, markets, worship centers, parks, old peoples’ home in rural communities and empowering individuals via provision of girl child education, mentorship, zero interest business support grants, apprenticeship and sustainable employment.
THE EASTERN UPDATES