Listen to article
Abia State Governor, Okezie Ikpeazu, has approved the constitution of a Committee on Resolution of Arrears of Salaries owed by some Government Parastatals.
Governor Ikpeazu made the approval in a press release by his Chief Press Secretary, Onyebuchi Ememanka and made available to newsmen on Friday evening in Umuahia, the state capital.
According to the release Dr. Aham Uko, the State Commissioner for Finance and the State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Uche Ihediwa were named as Chairman and Secretary of the Committee respectively.
Members of the Committee are Sir Onyi Onyii Wamah, State Head of Service – Member
- Dr Jonathan Osuji, Honorable Commissioner for Health – Member
- Dr. Kck Nwangwa, Honorable Commissioner for Education – Member
- Chief John Okiyi Kalu, Honorable Commissioner for Information – Member
- Mr. Kelechi Imeoria – State Accountant General – Member
- The affected parastatals are-Secondary Education Management Board, (SEMB);
- Abia State University Teaching Hospital Aba
- Abia State Polytechnic, Aba
- Hospitals Management Board (HMB)
- Abia State College of Education (Technical), Arochukwu.
- Abia State College of Health and Management Sciences, Aba.
Governor Ikpeazu, however, mandated the Committee to complete their work within two weeks to ensure the immediate disbursement of the first tranche of payments to affected workers in these parastatals.
THE EASTERN UPDATES